The Complete Guide to Living In Bucktown, Chicago
Bucktown is a neighborhood in Chicago, Illinois, with a total of 12,177 individuals living there. Bucktown is in Cook County and is one of the safest places to stay in Illinois. Living in Bucktown gives residents a feeling of the urban, suburban mix, and most of the residents rent their homes. There are several pubs, stores, coffee shops, and parks in Bucktown. Most families and working adults stay in Bucktown, where the community appears to be left.
The Ambiance of the Neighborhood:
Bucktown is one of the top trending areas in Chicago. It’s part of both the West Town and Logan Square communities and surrounds another common neighborhood to the south: Wicker Park. Others have opted to live in suburban Bucktown and get exposure to what such affluent communities get to bring, while rents in Bucktown have increased to the extent that they are still largely perceived as trendy neighborhoods.
Restaurants and Bars:
There are many bars and restaurants in the neighborhood. Read below to find some of the top picks:
- The Charleston: $$$: This restaurant acts as a cozy area in a bustling neighborhood of Bucktown. It is the best area for the working-class and residents of the neighborhood as the prices are not too expensive while it serves exclusive premium quality food. On weekends the visitors can enjoy the amazing sounds by a DJ and live jazz bands.
- Danny’s Tavern: $$$: If you are someone who loves cheap cocktails and steaks, then you must visit this restaurant. The place also offers cozy dance floors, amazing music, and classic jams. The bar is on Dickens Avenue in an old residence, which makes the place even more interesting.
- Gallery Cabaret: $: Gallery Cabaret is a hole-in-the-wall bar with live musicians and an open-mic evening. The almost-retro and vintage furniture is just the cherry on the top. Beer is inexpensive, beverages flow like water, and bar staff gives their shoulder to sob. There are shots and drink combinations, happy hour offers, and PBR on the bill. Gallery Cabaret is a Bucktown favorite.
- The Corner Bar: $: The Corner Bar is practically the most important corner bar in the area. It’s affordable, it’s great, and it’s one of the finest dive bars in Bucktown. This 2 am bar is perfect for special events, singles, and late nightcaps. Enjoy its good music, have a dance off after a couple of PBRs! The Corner Bar is one of the few dog-friendly bars. The Corner Bar accepts just cash. You have the option to take out your drink.
Read below to find transport options in Bucktown:
- Subway: You can easily find the subway to commute
- Uber: Calling an uber is particularly easy
- Taxi: Finding a taxi might be hard in this area.
There are several schools in Bucktown, such as Chicago International Charter School – Bucktown, Saint Mary of the Angels School, and The Gardner School of Bucktown.
What People Love About the Neighborhood
These artsy neighborhoods always have a fun thing going on. Bucktown is an attraction that brings buyers searching for exclusive items, foodies seeking the hottest trends of food, and bar hoppers seeking a late-night buzz.
What People Dislike About the Neighborhood:
There is nothing to hate in this neighborhood; however, there are people who are not fans of the crowded area and the noise. It might be a nuisance to some.