The Complete Guide to Living In Clarendon Hills, IL
Located in DuPage County, this village lies in the south-western suburbs of Chicago. The total area inland of Clarendon hills is 1.80 square miles 0.01 square miles water.
The Ambiance of the City:
Clarendon Hills is a beautiful village surrounded by a lot of greenery. The city has many recreational spots and parks like the breath-taking waterfall glen forest preserve, Ty Warner Park, the Morton Arboretum, Westmont park district.
Bars and Restaurants:
Below are some of the most exclusive places to eat that you will find in Clarendon Hills.
- Country House: $: Country house excels in every American food, be it BBQ burgers, hot steak, and pastrami sandwiches or tenders. They also have a variety of sauces to enhance the flavor of your food further. You can dine in the restaurant, take away or get it from your home by delivery.
- Zaza’s: $: Located at Ogden Avenue, ZaZa’s is an Italian restaurant specializing in specifically pasta. There are other Italian dishes available on the menu as well as comfort food. The restaurant has a romantic and cozy ambiance, which makes it a great place to dine in on a date night and celebrations of life.
- Tracy’s Tavern: $: This bar was previously known as ‘Nickelodeon’ until its title changed. It is one of the most renowned bars by residents and tourists because of its good bar food, cold beers, and cocktails. There are also bar games accompanied by live music. It is not just a bar for drinking but playing as well while enjoying music.
- Taco Grill: $: It is a salsa bar with Tacos, burritos, tortas, enchiladas, alambras, quesadillas, and a special kid’s menu. They also have vegetarian options on the menu. Moreover, there are happy hour drinks, cocktails, beers, spirits, and many more to enjoy in this restaurant.
Some of the major ways to commute in Clarendon Hills are listed below.
- Train: Metra’s BNSF railway line provides train service between Aurora and Chicago so, a train can be taken to travel.
- Bus: Pace also operates its buses in the village, so taking a bus is also feasible.
- Car: Driving a car is both times saving a cost-effective way of traveling in Clarendon hills.
There are many notable schools in Clarendon Hills that provide high-quality education. Clarendon Hills Middle High School was given the blue ribbon by the United States Department of Education.
What People Love About the City:
People love how friendly the city is. They like to be surrounded by the welcoming people in society. Moreover, there are also good education facilities, fantastic eateries and recreational spots as well as commuting is affordable.
What People Dislike About the City:
Living in this village is considered costly by some people, and the taxes are high as well, and people want to see that change in Clarendon Hills.