The Complete Guide to Living In Warrenville, IL
Warrenville is a city located in the U.S state of Illinois. It is a part of the Chicago metropolitan area and Illinois technology and research corridor. It is a part of the DuPage County in Illinois.
The Ambiance of the City:
Warrenville is home to a number of forest preserves, parks, grooves. The famous museum of Morton Arboretum is located here. The colorful Cantigny Park is also a major tourist attraction in the city. The forest preserves in the city include the Blackwell Forest Preserve, Herrick Lake Forest Preserve, Springbrook Prairie Forest Preserve.
There are beautiful neighborhoods in the city. Cantera, in Warrenville, is a neighborhood with a theatre, restaurants, a family entertainment center, a retail store, several hotels, and banks. The downtown of Warrenville located at the intersection of Butterflied road, and Batavia road has a city hall, police station, and a library. Also, the city has it’s own library known as Warrenville Public Library.
Restaurants and Bars:
The prominent restaurants of Warrenville are listed below.
- Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery: $$: The pub is open seven days a week for dine in, takeaway and delivery. You can get the beer, wine, cocktails, and all the pub food in a cozy and unwinding atmosphere, perfect for a bar.
- Markito’s Bar and grill: $$: This bar is not only famous in Warrenville but also many other neighborhoods of Chicago, including Lisle, West Chicago, Aurora, and many others. Its offerings include tortas, burritos, tacos, hot dogs, and burgers. The drink menu consists of tequila, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Masala: $$: It is an Indian restaurant that excels in spicy Indian cuisine. Its popular dishes are tandoori dishes, Indo-Chinese, Dosa, and Seafood. They also have biryani specials, soups, and thaali for non-vegetarians. The restaurant is loved for its exquisite and spicy taste.
The transit options that you will find in Warrenville are listed below.
- Bus: Pace provides its bus service in the city for the locals.
- Drive: If you own a car, you can travel by road as well in the city as the roads are really well built.
Warrenville is also a part of the Community Unit School District 200, with 200 common schools with Wheaton. The commons schools of the city are Bower Elementary School, Johnson Elementary school, Hubble Middle School, St. Irene High Schools. Some students of the village attend Four Wind Waldorf School, which is a private school. Also, the Illinois Youth Centre is located here, which is a correctional facility for female juvenile offenders.
What People Love About the City:
The neighborhoods in the city are well maintained with enough security. The schools are all good, and there are many restaurants and cafes all around the city, making it a good place to reside in
What People Dislike About the City:
The weather in the city is harsh. Winters are freezing, and summers are very hot. It is difficult to find moderate weather in the city, and some people do not like this about the city.