One of the villages located in DuPage County is Glen Ellyn. It is a suburb which is 24 miles away west of Chicago’s downtown. The municipality of Calatayud in Spain and Le Bouscat commune in France is considered the twin city of this village.
The Ambiance of the Neighborhood:
Glen Ellyn is full of several recreational centers. These include the sunset pool aquatic center and Ackerman sports center. The village was in the novel ‘The girl who owned the city’ as it has been used as the book’s primary setting. A film named Lucas was also filmed in Glen Ellyn in the year 1986. Many events are held throughout the year in the village in the park’s district. The village’s park district has twenty-three parks and playgrounds, two lakes, and four recreational buildings.
Bars and Restaurants:
The famous restaurants of Glen Ellyn are listed below.
- Main Street Pub: $$: This restaurant serves burgers, beer, and a variety of cocktails. They also have happy hour drinks and late-night food that you can enjoy along with live music. The restaurant is currently allowing only curbside pickup.
- Baroness of Glen Ellyn: $$: It is an Italian restaurant that excels in Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches, and entrees. Their thin, crusted, and stuffy pizzas are available in many flavors. They also have dessert, and a bar on-site allows you to enjoy different cocktails, wines, and beers.
- Blackberry Market: $$: It is a café plus bakery that serves handcrafted meals for lunch and dinner with outdoor seating, where you can also enjoy a wide variety of teas and coffee in the lovely weather of Glen Ellyn. Their highlights include fast service and great desserts. Many people come here to work on their laptops or meet with friends while enjoying a nice cup of hot drinks. The café is currently closed for dining in, but takeaway and delivery options are still available.
The ways of commuting in Glen Ellyn are listed below.
- Train: Metra union pacific serves in the city. Many people use it’s metro to move around in the city.
- Bus: There are three pace bus stations in the village. The local bus service is used by many people to travel within the town.
- Cycle: The Illinois prairie path is a bicycle track in the village which many people use to ride their bicycles around the town.
There are many public and private schools in the village. The primary schools are part of Glen Ellyn School district 41 and School District 89. Its high schools are part of another community and include Glenbard Township High School and Glenbard High School. The elementary schools of the village include Abraham Lincoln Elementary School, Abror View Elementary school, and many more.
What People Love About the Neighborhood
People love the beautiful scenery and the recreational spots of the village. The village’s crime rate is also very low, so people feel safe living with families in the neighborhood.
What People Dislike About the Neighborhood:
The people of this village complain that Glen Ellyn is very anti-social. People of this village do not like to mingle at all with each other. Socially active people have had problems making friends in this village, so they do not like it much around the village.