A major part of the village of Oak brook lies in DuPage County and a minor part in Cook County in Illinois. The village has the headquarters of many famous companies such as Blistex, Lions Club International, and Sanford L.P. Also, the corporate home of McDonald’s and Ferrara candy were once located in this village.
The Ambiance of the Neighborhood:
Oak Brook has many residential subdivisions except for Oak Book shopping center and retail and office properties on 22nd street and Interstate 88. The four boundaries of Oak Brook are Elmhurst, Westchester, Hinsdale, and Downer’s Groove to the north, east, south, and west, respectively.
Restaurants and Bars:
There are many good restaurants to eat and bars to drink in the village of Oak Brook. Read below to find out about them.
- Redstone American Grill: $$: It is an American grill house with steaks, seafood, and sandwiches. They also have a wide selection of wine and have a beer, spirits as well as cocktails that you can enjoy in an upscale and romantic place.
- McCormick and Schmick’s Steaks & Seafood: $$$: At this restaurant, you can enjoy many tasty seasonal dishes. They have their menu upgraded every once in a while to ensure that you are always eating food cooked using fresh ingredients. Their dishes include steaks, pasta, chicken, and entrees with wine, spirits, and cocktails. With their bar on site, you will also find happy hour food and happy hour drinks. Also, they offer free Wi-Fi to their customers. The restaurant allows Dining in, takeaway and delivery as well.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: $$: It is a semi-upscale Italian restaurant where you will have the best eating as well as drinking experience. They have many sparkling and red wines, beers and cocktails as well as other types of beverages. Apart from these, their menu also includes some non-alcoholic drinks. The restaurant allows dining in, takeaway and delivery.
Oak Brook’s common transit options are listed below.
- Bus: There are multiple bus stations in Oak Brook where you can get a bus ride to commute in the village.
- Car: The roads of Oak Brook are well built, making it very convenient to drive around in the village.
There are both public and private schools in Oak Brook. Its school district, i.e., District 53, includes Brook Forest Elementary School and Butler Junior High school. Also, there is another district 86, which serves the students that live on that part of the village that lies in DuPage County.
What People Love About the Neighborhood:
It is one of the safest places to live in Chicago. The people are very friendly with each other and always ready to help. It has all the necessities available in nearby areas. People consider this village to be one of the best places to live in with your family.
What People Dislike About the Neighborhood:
There isn’t much that people hate about this place. Most people love it except for a few who habitually live in big cities and towns and have a hard time adjusting to the village’s rural life.