The Complete Guide to Living In Naperville, IL
Naperville is a city in the state of Illinois in the United States located at twenty-eight kilometers west in the suburbs of Chicago. It was ranked the wealthiest city of the Midwest and the eleventh in the nation’s most affluent cities in 2010. It was also ranked the safest city in the nation by ‘USA Today’ and ‘Business Insider.’
The Ambiance of the City:
There are many cultural attractions in the city of Naperville. You will find many old libraries such as the Nicholas Public library, Naper Boulevard Library, and 95th street library. Moreover, Naperville has the famous Moser Tower and Millennium Carillon, a key attraction for the tourists in the city. There is also a 1.75-mile river walk to the town, constructed in 1981 with many beautiful sceneries. It also has a children’s museum with annually 300,000 visitors and has won three awards since the time it was rebuilt.
Restaurants and Bars:
Below is a list of the famous restaurants in Naperville.
- Two Brothers Barrel House: $$: It is a simple American restaurant along with a bar on site. It serves soup, salads, burgers, and entrees as well. There is a lengthy wine and beer menu as well. The reviews are excellent as well, and it is one of the favorite places of the residents of Naperville.
- Crosstown pub and grill Naperville: $: It also has a bar but also serves grilled American food. It is a craft-beer pub with LCDs playing sports. It also has an outdoor sitting facility and a fast service. They also provide free Wi-Fi. It is currently closed for dining in, but take away, and delivery is still available.
- Top Golf: $: It is a beautiful outdoor restaurant with a seating arrangement. The restaurant excels in making late-night, comfort food, and cocktails. They take table reservations, and you usually have to wait if you don’t have a booking. The restaurant only allows dining in.
- Aurelio’s Pizza Naperville Springbrook Square: $: The restaurant has a lot of Italian dishes, including pizza, pasta, and much more. The pizza and pasta flavors are many with additional options to add extra sauces and meat. The atmosphere of the environment is cozy and casual, and it is great for hanging out with friends and family.
There are many transit options available in Western Springs.
- Metro: Metra provides rail service to the City of Naperville, and you can use it to travel around in the city.
- Bus: Pace provides bus service to the city and is the most commonly used mode of transport.
- Car: you can own a personal vehicle and drive around the city.
- Carpooling: Pace suburban bus also provides rideshare services that connect you to the Chicago land area if you are willing to share your ride. This way of commuting is easy, safe, and also quick.
There are many schools, colleges, and universities throughout the city, and the most renowned of these include Northern Illinois University, College of DuPage, and DeVry University.
What People Love About the City:
People love the fact that Naperville has many historical and cultural sites. There are many good restaurants, bars, and cafes in the city, and it is a safe place to live in. Tourists feel secure when they come here as the crime rate is very low, which is why it ranks as the safest city in the nation.
What People Dislike About the City:
Traffic in downtown Naperville can get busy during rush hours.