The Complete Guide to Living In Lisle, IL
Lisle is a village located in DuPage County near the city of Chicago. It is a part of the metropolitan area in Chicago and the Illinois center of technology and research corridor.
The Ambiance of the City:
The village is surrounded by beautiful greenery. There are some parks, a library, a ski hill, and a sports training academy in the town, which are the significant sources of recreation. The Lisle library district is home to many local artists’ manifestations as well as a collection of materials, technology, and digital content.
The Morton Arboretum, a public garden with an outdoor museum and an herbarium, is the most outstanding place in the village. A place for skiers and snowboarders known as Four Lakes Ski Hill also lies and is a popular tourist attraction in the town.
Bars and Restaurants:
The notable restaurants and bars of the village are listed below.
- Country House restaurant: $$: The country house is famous for its burgers, beer, and pub food. You will also find other American options like mozzarella sticks, nachos, and buffalo style wings on their menu. They serve you in a cozy and relaxing space with a bar on site for drinks.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: $$: It is a sports bar that also serves chicken wings and other pub food. There are many televisions around the place where you can watch your favorite sports while enjoying a nice drink. The bar is open for dining in, takeaway, and delivery.
- Maple Avenue Pub: $: This pub, along with bar food, has a diverse Alcohol menu including beer, wine, cocktails, and spirits. You can please yourself in this pub with a chilly drink and live music. It is a great place to celebrate, unwind, and entertain yourself for a little while.
Read below to find out about how you can travel to Lisle.
- Bicycles: The cycling track and pedestrian network in the village have been constructed to encourage the residents to use cycles or walking as a mode of transportation.
- Bus: Pace provides its bus service in the village, and there are various stations in the town where you can catch a bus.
- Rail: The commuter rail service that extends from Wisconsin to Indiana covers the DuPage County a well, and you can easily use it to travel in Lisle.
There are many educational institutes in the village of Lisle. Among the most common ones that high school students attend is Lisle Senior High School. The colleges and universities in the region include National Louis University, Northwood University, and Benedictine University.
What People Love About the City:
Lisle is a very family-friendly area. The good education system and nice community help raise children in a good manner and lead a happy and peaceful life.
What People Dislike About the City:
A major problem of Lisle is its traffic. The traffic is so high that people do not like to go out in the city. The Morton Arboretum that is a major recreational spot, is considered to be very expensive by some residents.