Gold Coast is on the borders of Lake Michigan, bounded by North Ave. It has tall buildings, mansions, and historic hotels. The ‘gold’ on the gold coast is used to describe how upscale the neighborhood is. The International Museum of Surgical Science is one of the most drawing features of the Gold Coast that attracts most of the tourists to the neighborhood.
The Ambiance of The Neighborhood:
Gold Coast is a neighborhood filled with townhouses and condominiums. Not just the residential ones, but there are also historical mansions in Gold Coast from the earlier times, which symbolize its wealth. Living in Gold Coast means one is always going to be surrounded by buildings and busy streets. There are also many bars and restaurants in the neighborhood but less than the other neighborhoods in Chicago.
Restaurants and Bar:
The restaurants are all great in the Gold Coast neighborhood, but some of the best are listed below.
- Somerset: $$: With a classy interior and a versatile menu, this is a place for tartare and pasta. They excel in Italian food and are great for both celebrations and just a simple night out.
- Maple Ash: $$$$: It is probably the most popular steakhouse across the Gold Coast. They have the best steak served with the best wine, and the best part is that it has both dine-in and take away options. So, if you are tired after a long day, you can grab your favorite food or a late-night snack and enjoy it at home.
- Bistronomic: $$: While many places in Gold Coast are expensive, this is quite affordable for a gold coast restaurant. This French restaurant has dishes such as Duck breast and escargot, and most importantly, one of the yummiest desserts.
- Chicago Q: $$: This restaurant brings steak, Italian, and BBQ. The restaurant is a fancy one, and its specialties include tender ribs and sidelines like mac and cheese. They also have a huge bar on their second floor.
A wide range of options is available for travel on the Gold Coast. The most common ones are below:
- Metro: G-link is a transit system that operates between Helensvale and Broadbeach and is one of the fast ways to go around in the Gold Coast.
- Public Buses: Buses also operate on the Gold Coast, and you can always catch one easily.
- Taxis: They are probably the easiest way to travel not only in Gold Coast but the entire Chicago. Taxis are very common in Gold Coast.
There are a lot of good schools and colleges in the Gold Coast, such as the Latin school of Chicago.
What People Love About the Neighborhood:
The architecture on the Gold Coast is beautiful. There are many historical mansions, as well. Oak Street Beach is one of the loveliest places on the gold coast. Moreover, the education facilities in the neighborhood are numerous, and you can avail of high-quality education.
What People Dislike About the Neighborhood:
The neighborhood is one of the most expensive neighborhoods in Chicago, which makes it difficult to live in. Rents are high, and the shopping is also expensive, so some people do not find it affordable to settle down in the Gold Coast neighborhood.