Long Grove is a town in Lake County in Illinois in the United States. It is 35 kilometers north-west of Chicago. The strict building ordinances by the government preserve its country atmosphere. The village’s total area is 12.67 square miles, with 12.44 square miles of land and 0.23 square miles of water.
The Ambiance of the Neighborhood:
Due to the strict ordinances, there are prohibitions on the sidewalks, fences, and residential street lights. It has a historic downtown with many affluent houses. The annual strawberry, chocolate, and apple festivals held in May, June, and September are among the reasons for the high tourism in the area. Moreover, it has many historical architectural figures, shops, dining restaurants, and entertainment activities to enjoy.
Bars and Restaurants:
A number of the best restaurants in Long Groove are listed below.
- Joanie’s Pizzeria of Long Grove: $$: Joanie’s pizza comes with a variety of ribs, salads, and calzones served in a traditional style restaurant. The restaurant also has outdoor seating and a bar on site. It is open for dining in, deliveries, and take away. Moreover, it also caters for parties that accept reservations and cheques for payments.
- The Village Tavern: $$: It is an American restaurant located on the old McHenry Road in the village. This restaurant is famous for its historic built and great food. The tavern is loved for its yummy burgers, sandwiches, soups, and a variety of salads. You can have ribs, chops, steak, and many other dishes for dinner. There is a full bar as well, with tasty wine and beers.
- White Oak Gourmet: $$: This restaurant is perfect for days like recent with the pandemic situation as it delivers the food to your doorstep. You can enjoy freshly cooked wraps, salads, and grab n go bowls. They also allow taking away from their restaurant. Their chefs always use organic ingredients sourced directly from farmers in cooking their meals. This restaurant serves good and healthy food.
Some of the many ways to get to the Long groove are listed below.
- Train: NCS trains operate in the Long groove, and they can be used to commute in the Long groove
- Taxi: Taxis run all through the village and are very easily accessible everywhere.
- Drive: Cars can be owned or rented in Long Groove for transportation purposes in the village.
- Uber: Although expensive, Ubers are a very convenient mode of transportation in every neighborhood, and Long Groove is no exception.
There are many good schools in the Long groove, including Kildeer Countryside Countryside, County Meadows, and Woodlawn. Diamond Lake Elementary School provides education to the farther northern areas of the village’s
What People Love About the Neighborhood:
People love the Long groove for its architecture and the beautiful houses. The standard of living is also good, and the village’s income is also very high, making it one of the best places to reside.
What People Dislike About the Neighborhood:
The neighborhood is a victim of the high rate of violent crimes, making it unsafe to live in. Moreover, the harsh climate and the high cost of living have also caused some of its residents to move from the neighborhood.